Codes of Behaviour
AFL Kids First Program
is back for Season 2017
Today’s parents have an important role in the delivery and support of sporting activities for their own and other children. With it comes a clear responsibility to act in a constructive and encouraging manner at all times.
Barracking and wanting your child to perform well is human nature, but it is critical that this should be done in a responsible manner avoiding the ugly parent syndrome at all times. The guidelines set out below, including the official Codes of Conduct, will continue to be communicated to all parents, players and coaches throughout Season 2017 - make it a season to remember by barracking hard but always by being respectful.
The basic principles of AFL Kids First are to remind parents that:
- Sport for children is a vital part of their growing up.
- Children like to win, but more importantly, they want to have fun.
- Parents need to set the right example at the sports ground, not just at home.
- Parents should be proud of their child’s efforts irrespective of the result.
- Sport is important to children’s self esteem.
Make sure your child's sporting experience will be remembered for all the right reasons.